Wednesday, October 1, 2008

100% Sick and Tired of....


Anyone have any good tips??

15 comments:

Amanda C. said...

TUMS..TUMS...AND MORE TUMS!!! I had that too. It sucks! Sorry. I feel for you.

Amanda C. said...

PS- Get the minty ones.. they don't taste so chalky!

The Anthony Family said...

Try a little baking soda in water. Like a 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp. after you eat. It helps me more than tums. But I plug my nose because I hate the salty taste. Lots of water. UGGH!!

The Anthony Family said...

Can I just say....my pregnant brain could barely figure out what you were asking. How was I supposed to know that was heart burn? I am tired of feeling so dense while pregnant.

Anderson's said...

I never had heart burn. I am so sorry-I heard it just kills.I hope it gets better!

Anjie said...

The only way to cure heart burn while you are prego is to have a baby. Good luck with that one Jayne Layne. I ate so many Tums with my last pregnancy that I thought I would turn into one. Sorry. I feel for you!!

JENNIFRO said...

Hate to say it--but if Anjie doesn't have a solution....there probably isn't one--the girl knows her stuff.

I had it bad too. Something sort of helped but i have no idea what it was!!

Mitch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trimble said...

Don't chew the tums, put them under your tongue and just let them slowly dissolve (at least when you're going to bed). I prefer the fruity ones. Also, make sure you don't eat just before going to bed and don't ever lay down right after eating, always prop yourself for at least a little bit. None of this will really make it go away, just help it not be so horrible. Hope all else is good for you. :)

Jek said...

two pepcid completes at a time. Pretty much does the trick. Also Gala apples works like a charm.

Ashley Smith said...

Okay so I just found your blog again! I can now keep updated on this pregnancy! I hope you aren't still on bed rest. Anyway...heart burn sucks! And sadly I have to agree with someone else who commented...the only thing that helped me was getting that baby out, mainly because I couldn't stomach the tums. Good Luck!

Kass Martin said...

Oh man, isn't it the worse thing in the world? I hate it with a passion. I of course like everyone else downed the tums but I get/got the smooth dissolve ones. They are less chalky and taste better. (I think, at least) Another great thing is plain popcorn. It absorbs the acid or something and it's pretty good. I totally feel for you though. It sucks a big fat one. Sorry girl.

The Zeediks said...

So glad that you commented about the sanitizer. I haven't ever put any on her because I just thought it seemed to harsh. She has sensitive skin as it is. But that is honestly what the E.N.T. told Matthew to do. I'm sure her pediatrition would disagree but I haven't even asked him because I disagree! Her being sanitized so far has just been done with her baby wipes or a bath. But I'm glad you told that story for Matthew sake. xxoo miss you

VEGAS VIC said...

I'm not sick and tired of heartburn, I am tired of this post and ready for you to get a new fun one on here. What's the delay?

MOM

MamaB said...

Rantidine I know i spelled it wrong but it works. I can try to find the paper where i have the correct spelling but i think that is close enough. My friend told me about it and swears by it. She buys it in bulk at Costco.