Saturday, March 14, 2009

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY...For hubby that is

Jon has been working hard for the last two days to give this little lady a place to slumber...

We always new where Naomi's room would be but we had so much work to do, and no desire to do it while I was pregnant. Plus her room was so cold that we new we had a little time because we didn't want her sleeping in there until winter was over.
____________________________
I could just eat this little chick and kiss her little cheeks and nose all day long!
_______________________________
I really really really wish I had before pictures because the room before was unimpressive to say the least. I am so thankful for what Jon has done so far. I am so impressed with how good of a job he does, and how fast he does it. Our basement is really cold so in a matter of two days, Jon put up new walls (framed), drywalled, insulated, caulked, baseboard, beadboard, taped off, painted, and Vio La (SP). I the color is similiar to the rest of my house but this is slightly different and actually turned out to be my favorite of them all.

Now it is my turn to get the decorating done! Hopefully it won't take me long... It will have to wait until I am back from my Vegas vacation for the next two weeks!

11 comments:

A and L said...

i love it!!! i can't wait to see it all put together. jon did a fabulous job. cute paint.

Mitch said...

Wow, that looks a ton better! Good work Juan! I DID notice, the few i worked with him, how fast john gets things done. What i thought would take days to do, he did in hours. Considering i have no carpentry skills whatsoever, i guess i was ignorant to think i actually knew anyway. But good job chitlins. I need to come see everything when i get back from Vegass. Peace and love.

Meg and T.J. said...

I LOVE it! I need that color! Jon needs to come help my house.

jill said...

NO FAIR!!! That looks AMAZING!!! What a lucky little baby!!! I MISS her!!! She's so absolutely adorable!!!

Good job Jon, you're a champ, now get it decorated Jayne and post pics.

Sandy Layne said...

Those pics of Naomi are so adorable. Miss her. Post pics while you are in LV. Can't believe Jon is so fast. Looks great!!!!
Tell you family "hi" and have a great time.
Love ya

Jenna and Joe Layne said...

that's cute! aren't those Layne boys talented!!! good job Jonny boy!By the way we miss you guys! I hope you have fun in Vegas!

Kass Martin said...

Okay, so I am back into the blogging world and can' believe what I have been missing with sweet little Naomi! What a beautiful little girl. I can't believe that little face! so gorgeous. Tomorrow is BRidget's 2nd birthday. I can't believe how fast time flies. I have been asking all day, "who's turning 2 tomorrow, who's birthday is it going to be tomorrow?" to which Bridget yells, "ME!" so cute. Naomi will be there before you know it. It's amazing how fast it goes.

Anonymous said...

Cute what color is it? I am looking for a good blue for my room. What a handy man you have. She is a doll. Kel

jodeeharris said...

Jayne, Naomi is BEAUTIFUL! So fun to have such a sweet baby girl. I want to know your color too, it is perfection. We missed you in vegas, let's do a g.n.o. soon!

Anderson's said...

THat room is amazing and I can't wait to see what you do to it. Naomi is so darling!

JENNIFRO said...

GET IT DONE!!! Oh wait....maybe not.