Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Vegas Baby!

There are many reasons why I love Vegas. One obviously being that i grew up there, but second, family, family, family, 24/7. I have had the chance to be there quite a bit over the last month and a half. I have been meaning to post about it but haven't had the chance so hear goes.
________________________
First, little Naomi loves Vegas! She doesn't realize it yet, but she smiles up a storm while she is there. She had her first smile there, and she continued to smile this trip all the live long day. She was also introduced to the outside world for the first time while there. It was such great weather that we took her outside and just let her hang out with us on the front lawn. She loved it. Probably can't do that in Utah for another three months.... Shoot me!
___________________________________


Second, since having a baby Jessica has been such a HUGE help. I have nicknamed her the Baby Whisperer. Seriously she knows so much about babies, and she has taught me quite a bit. I now have a baby that takes naps whenever I lay her down, and she sleeps for hours at a time. She taught me how to stop her fussiness, and put her to sleep in three seconds flat, and she taught me how to quickly get rid of the unwanted gas that has been making her tummy hurt. Seriously, I love Jek and am so thankful that she actually PLANS on mentoring me while I am there. I am so thanful for it, because seriously she has made my life so much easier! It is like being related to a nurse!


Third, these peeps. My parents are so great! Seriously I hate saying goodbye to them. I love and look forward to my late night visits with my mom while she is putting curlers in her hair, and I enjoy my dad's cooking at anytime of the day. Seriously it could be 4 in the morning, and if you ask him to make you sandwich its made in five seconds flat. Not to mention it is always delicious! I have the worlds best parents, and I only wish they lived closer.


And fourth, Naomi loves to play with her twin cousins Mitchell and Matthew. It is so fun to have them all the same age. I am excited for them to grow up together and be close in age (Along with my sister-in-laws Jenna and Kelley's babies as well). Naomi will have such great cousin friends when she gets older.
_________________________

Thanks for the great two weeks! It was so much fun to be down there for so long... It seriously goes by too fast! Love you all!

13 comments:

Laura said...

Jayne, she is so beautiful!! I'm gonna need to put Jessica on speed dial in a few months...and you too-it sounds like you've got it down!!!

VEGAS VIC said...

I seriously loved those two weeks. When you're around Jessica is around and vice-versa. Made for a lot of fun. You are both good mothers.

I was raised in a barn said...

she is so cute jayne!!

jill said...

That little baby is SO dang cute!!! I just love her and her sweet little face! What a fun post! I wish I had been there! And thank heavens for Jek, I wish she had known more when I had Caroline, she could've made my life one heck of a lot easier!

Mitch said...

Holy crap those pictures are cute! Wowie WOOWAHHH!! I want the last one. Why don't you have it so i can click them? At least send it to my email. I get sad seeing pictures of everyone. I'd give ANYTHING to be there right now. I need it more than anything.

Jek said...

Don't ask me why i am crying right now/ Flu, mixed with love, sadness, homesickness, and body aches. What a nice shout out you gave me. I am sure i lead you down the wrong path more than the right one. I keep feeling guilty that we made moonomie cry that night. She is one precious doll! I love her! so do my boys,, and you know alexis does/ come back! Take your vitamins, the flu is probably coming your way. pray extra hard it doesn't~
love ya like mad~

Amanda C. said...

Naomi is stinking ADORABLE!!! She is so cute and smiley! I just want to LOVE HER UP!! You, Jessica, Kim and I should all meet up when you are down here again, and take cute pictures of all our babies! Kim has a chocolate rollie pollie one that is to die for!!

Dayna said...

Cute!!! Visiting family is the BEST. I know I will be going home a bunch once our little tyke gets here, especially since life will be a bit more flexible (sort of).

Although its a tough call, the second picture has to be my favorite- that smile is too cute for words!!!

Jon Lefrandt said...

She has gotten so big and so beautiful! I need to see her. And Jon did a fabulous job on Naomi's room.

Kass Martin said...

How sweet are those pictures of Naomi. She's so stinkin cute. I love her smile. She's about as pretty as they come. I love the blanket she's on too and the flower. All so girly and cute.

Sandy Layne said...

She is soooooooo cute. The pictures are so adorable I stole them right off your blog. Your sister and parents are so awesome. Wished I would have had a Jessica when I had babies.
Love you

JENNIFRO said...

Where have I been! You and Jek both keepin up! I loved this post. I can totally relate. Jek IS the baby whisperer and mom and dad are irreplaceable. Really...sitting, talking, just "being" while you're there is all you need. (that and a little qmode maybe)

You'll really get it the MORE kids you get.

Love ya. Great post.

Love that first one of her...she looks like she belongs in a comic strip!

Ashley Smith said...

Love the pictures of her smiling! She is so adorable. I can't wait until she's a little older and can start playing with her new BFF Savvy!!! I need to know what those tips are Jek is giving you. She might have to make a profession out of this!