Sunday, February 1, 2009

Best Week Ever... and Baby's First Bath

I have to say this last week was one of the best ever, as we were surrounded by wonderful family. My Mom and Dad came to stay with us this last week and helped out so much. My Mom taught me the ropes of being a mom and my sweet Dad waited on us hand and foot. There was a lot of laughing, visiting, and fun, and let me tell you I was so incredibly depressed to see them leave. Why can't they move in permanantely?

Then there was Jon's family that cooked us dinner almost every night and came to visit almost everyday. It really is such a blessing to have such a great family, and this last week was seriously the such a great one.

Thank you to everyone that made it so great!

Below are some pictures of Naomi's first bath and just some random ones that I thought were cute!

Relaxing with Mom and Dad

Mitch came over and was playing Dad's guitar, while we both sang a couple of songs we knew. Naomi was in Heaven she just stared at me while I sang, it was the sweetest thing ever. She loved it, and loves Uncle Mitch's playing

First Bath... Sponge bath

Me and my Lady

Grandma Miller washing her hair

Naomi with Grandma Layne

Naomi with Grandpa Miller. She really loved his singing too!

Seriously, can you please come back??

13 comments:

JENNIFRO said...

She is beyond gorgeous. She just has the tiniest cutest little face..i love her! She really does look like you as a toddler.

Now...you've got me curious. What did you sing for her? FLAKE by J.Johnson maybe? That's probably one of your best in my opinion--I think Mitch would say the same most likely. You know..just wondering which tune specifically was the most heavenly for her....

Stinks they left. Reality bites...trust me.

Mitch said...

Flake was most definitely not on the set list Jenn. We were singing "lack of color" by Death cab for cutie. Just a soft little song that stings the nostrils. She really was super cute and relaxed while we sang(yes, even jayne's voice). The girl is a freakin doll. I hope mine is a quarter as cute as she is. I'm sad ma and pa are gone too. Bums me out:( Three years. all of us. maryland.done.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love her and cannot believe how cute she is. It is so nice to have family around. It really makes you miss them when they ae gone. Moms help do those things that seem hard like first baths and the like. Good luck can't wait to see the darling for myself this weekend. KEl

Amanda C. said...

Isn't it fun when the reconize your voice? It makes you feel so important!

Dayna said...

She is absolutely PERFECT. Cute beyond words. Love her adorable face and button nose.

VEGAS VIC said...

I just have to say that last week was just one of the best ever. New baby, kids we love, great food,
warm home, great visiting, no office, no calls, just relaxful and enjoyable.
Maybe Mitch has the right idea. Who know, it would be great to have everyone together. I love going to all of your homes.

MOM

Sandy Layne said...

She is a living doll. The picture of you singing to her is so adorable. She looks so cute getting her hair washed. Love her.

Jek said...

Oh my heck. She is such a PRETTY baby! I can't believe how dang cute she really is, and she looks just like YOU!!!!!!! I love her already so much. maybe you need to come down in a couple of weeks. Beg john , in fact let him drive.

Laura said...

Jayne,

She is just beautiful!! I love all the pictures!! Congrats!!

jill said...

She is absolutely precious!!! I can't WAIT to kiss her little face! I'm sure you really miss mom and dad. There's nothing like parents to make you feel like everything will be alright...

Call me if you need me!
Love you all!

Jek said...

that second one down looks just like you!!!!!!!!! (when you were little and now.)

Laura said...

Thanks for sayin hi:) I'm gonna add you too:) I love seeing pictures of your little family! She is just beautiful!

The Sniders said...

Jayne so sorry I have been out of the blogging world. Naomi is a dream! What a beautiful little girl. Big surprise... Look at her mamma! I am sure that your whole life just got a whole lot richer!!! I am sure that you are so in love with each other right now. Enjoy because they grow up way way to fast. Call me if you need anything!