I've Been Tagged... Sort of
So my sister Jill did this memory thing about our sister Jessica on her blog. She told some funny stories and funny tidbits about Jek. I really liked the idea so I made this into a tag and tagged myself. Any takers??
Today's post serves two purposes. My memory is about my brother Mitch and it is also his birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!
So my sister Jill did this memory thing about our sister Jessica on her blog. She told some funny stories and funny tidbits about Jek. I really liked the idea so I made this into a tag and tagged myself. Any takers??
Today's post serves two purposes. My memory is about my brother Mitch and it is also his birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!

Me and Mitch were the last two kids (of six) and I loved him! Don't get me wrong there were days when I thought I would beat the crap out of him, but all in all we were great buddies.
Growing up Mitch and I went to live with my sister Jennifer every summer in Maryland. One summer specifically I remember when I really realized that Mitch was the coolest kid ever. We had the same friends in Maryland so I got to see him interact with friends and not just with family, and let me tell you the kid was HILARIOUS. That was the first time I really started to appreciate his personality and just think he was so fun!
For a while Mitch and I (in jr. high and some highschool) shared a room. We had bunk beds and Mitch always kept me enterained. I remember waking up at nights with Mitch crouching down at the foot of my bed shaking it. I woke up so scared because I didn't know who the creep was shaking my bed and staring at me. There was also the time when I woke up out of a deep sleep because I could not longer breath.... Turns out Mitch couldn't sleep either and so he decided to plug my nose to wake me up.
I have tons of stories that I could go on and on, but the last one I always think is funny is how protective Mitch was of me. It was funny because it was a discrete protection, but I don't think he liked guys looking or talking about me. One time in Maryland I had these short shorts that he didn't like me wearing. I told him I was going to wear them around the missionaries (of course I wouldn't). Well low and behold I never saw those shorts again. I think Mitch disposed of them.
Anyway Mitch is such a great friend and a wonderful brother I am so blessed to have him in my life and so close by!
Love ya Buddy!
Anyone who wants to do this can! I think it is a fun way to remember the fun times you have with loved ones.
7 comments:
Oh that was so cute!!
HILARIOUS! Oh Mitch and Jayne the old married couple of the family. Why in the world did you share a bedroom? There are five bedrooms in mom and dad's house?
Yeah true? Me and JOhn shared also... Weird.
I love reading these! Thinking of you and Mitch out here for the summers makes me smile ear to ear. I love you guys! i miss my oldest kids. Weren't those the BEST times!
cute! its so fun to hear those stories. he is such a nice guy I hope he finds a cute girl that deserves him someday. but I don't know is he dating any one?
awww thats sweet. Mitch was always funny and sweet. (& i thought he was so cute) LOL =)
Hmmmmm. First Jill, now you. Can't say i absolutely LOooooove these posts. They tend to make me a little feminine and emotional. Teary eyes have never been my idea of fun but i loved this post. Thanks a lot Jayne. I love you. As for the shorts...don't remember what i did with them but i'm almost positive i did destroy them. I'll buy you a new pair just like them. I'm sure i can find a contempo around here somewhere.
Post a Comment